Saturday, September 22, 2012

CZT Training

"All my bags are packed. I'm ready to go. I'm standing here........ Cause I'm leaving on a jet plane..."

Well some of that is true. My bags are almost packed. I am leaving on a jet plane, but not until tomorrow morning. Heading out to attend the CZT Training in Providence RI. Looking forward to it but will by-pass the challenge on Monday.  Have not tried the Zendala challenge. May look at that after I get back. 

As an update, did find out that it was the heat sealing the ink that made the difference. Used a 6"square quarry tile from Menard's. Again used the Micron 01 pen. Tried the Valspar flat sealer again and it worked well. Like it a little better as the finish is not as glossy as the Rust-oleum matte finish.



The picture did not come out real good. The flash left a glare and could not slow things down enough to get good lighting. The tile is almost a red clay. Used only 3 tangles. Auraknot, Zander, and Scroll Feathers. I like the last one a lot. Gets easier to do the more you do it. Will probably put cork on the bottom and this will make a nice trivet. The quarry tiles only come in two colors. This and a gray. May try some color on the gray one.

If you are interested, directions for Scroll Feathers can be viewed at:  http://alittlelime.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/coneflowers-feather-pattern.html . It was a tougher one to learn but as I said above, the more I did it the more I liked it. Also is a good pattern for ZIA's like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.