Saturday, September 15, 2012

Sealing a ceramic tile

Have been working with ceramic tile and trying to seal the ink. What had been occurring was that even though it was suppose to be a clear finish, it looked more opaque. After talking with my daughter, who suggested I bake it, I did and then used the spray sealer. Only did it for about 5 minutes at between 400-425° The result was the best I have had so far. Not sure what tiles or sealers this will work with  but am pleased with the results. Think it will make a good coaster.






4" x 4" Agora Noce tile. Used 01 micron pen. 3 light coats of Rust-oleum Painter's Touch spray, matte clear finish. 

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! Thanks for posting about sealing ceramic tile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip. I've noticed when I tried to do a sealing, it always looked wet, which was OK. I'll have to try this out on our new kitchen. We put ceramic tile in our Vancouver kitchen.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.