Monday, June 24, 2013

Zendala Dare #62

This week's template was an interesting one. I liked it but it did pose some challenges in deciding what I wanted to do with it. I decided to end my Shattuck moratorium and included it in this one. Did not really intend to have as many organic tangles as I ended up with, but they just seemed to fit. Not sure that there is a whole lot more to say. Hope that you enjoy it.


Tangles used: Shattuck, Zinger, Striping(variation),Scrawlz & Tipple
Non-tangles used: leaves

As usual there are all ready a number of great submissions on The Bright Owl's blog. Would strongly recommend that you visit often to see what others are doing also. I briefly looked at them after I finished mine but plan on going back and taking a little more time to peruse. 

Thanks for visiting. As always comments are welcomed, encouraged, and appreciated.

Go Tangle!!

14 comments:

  1. What a great idea to fill the pedals with Zinger!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work Donald, had to make the image larger to see all your lovely tangles - love the sheen on the outside and how cute are those Zingers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Donald, I love this one. Love the color also. Your work is amazing.....I think I tell you that every time! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love Your zentagle, too. You have got amaising depth to Your artwork and I like tangles You have shosen. Very Fine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your work! The centre of the tangle is great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Donald. This one is over the top. First of all I like your choice of tangles. Secondly, I'm partial to beigy or brown toned paper. This one zings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It´s fabulous! Especially I like the petals and the shading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Were a couple of comments about the color. I think what people mistook for color was the result of taking this picture with no flash on automatic setting. This is just a regular blank zendala tile. My digital camera is old and can not really do a lot with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like it and the organic floral theme.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Zendala is awesome! I love how you wove the Shattuck through the center and how the striping shines and seems to lay under the petals.
    I really like the delicate leaf border too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, beautiful Donald! I have to ask - why a moratorium on shattuck? I love the delicateness
    of your organic tangles, and how it balances the boldness of the border striping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a self-imposed as I found that I was using it almost anything. Wanted to challenge myself to use other tangles. I will not stop using it as it is a big favorite.

      Delete
    2. I can not type as fast as I think. I was using in almost everything.

      Delete
  12. I really like your Zendala...very cool!

    Be happy!
    Jacque Solomon
    www.tanglebright.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.