Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Diva Challenge #133: Tipple - Love it or hate it?"

This was a great challenge. I use Tipple a lot. It is such a relaxing tangle and it is a great fill and embellishment. In deciding what I wanted to do with this challenge I chose to use other tangles that I see as using very simple strokes. Part of this is that my mind is not as creative as someone like Shelly Beauch. I admit I saw what she did as I get a feed on her blog. Her tipple wave is unique and a great piece of art. If you have not been to her blog, would encourage you to do so and see what she does. But I digress. It so happens that most of the tangles I used are also some of my favorites. The only one that I have not used a lot is Hi-Cs. To me these tangles represent some of the basics of Zentangle® in that you use simple structured strokes to create beautiful patterns. Here is what I came up with. I hope you enjoy it.



Tangles used: Tipple, Hibred Betweed, Hi-Cs, and Shattuck

I mentioned Shelly Beauch's Tipple creation, but I did not look at a lot of the others before I completed mine. I try not to unless I am really struggling as I do not want to be overly influenced by what others have done.  Now I plan on going to I am the Diva and enjoy what others have done. Would encourage you to also.

Thank for visiting. As always, comments are welcomed, encouraged, and appreciated.

Go Tangle !!

16 comments:

  1. Really, really nice! Love the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful tile! I like the tangles you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this must have taken hours. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not hours. I really am not sure how long it took as I worked on it in small time periods over a couple of days.

      Delete
  4. I do!
    Enjoy it that is
    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tile Donald. Great how you did the ribbons in the front en the background with tipple.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That's a lot of tipple. Perfect background for your tangled ribbons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very lovely! Great entry to the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so pretty in sepia. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. What looks like sepia is actually the result of taking the picture without a flash in a little bit lower light.

      Delete
  9. I like this. Well chosen tangles and sepia is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tipple works great as a fill here, Donald. Lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely stuff. I really like how it flows.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hoollibough with Tipple. Lovely and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty! I love the wonderful shading. I am partial to sepia, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your tile is really great, but your shading is outstanding! Nice one, Donald!

    Zen Be Happy!

    Jacque Solomon
    www.tanglebright.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.