Saturday, July 12, 2014

Part of the satisfaction on teaching Zentangle®

This is going to be a short post. No pictures. Mostly because I forgot to take them. I had a Basic class today. There were two ladies who were friends and the one had kind of talked the other into coming. At the beginning of the class, I was hearing a lot of the typical negative comments that you hear such as I'm not sure I can do this, Yours looks so exact. After about he second tangle on the first tile, began to hear a change. Started hearing comments like, Wow, I really like that, and I did not think I could do that. She even began picking up here tile and holding out at arm's length, just admiring what she had done. The other thing that I experienced was that silence as at times as they were focused working on their tangles. The one who was primarily interested in taking the class would occasionally look at her friend and say, Isn't this fun? To which her friend would reply yes and state she was glad that she came.

What these ladies were not aware of is that they were also giving something to me. I had this class planned for about 2 months. To be honest, when I woke up this morning I really was not looking forward to teaching the class. This is unusual for me. I usually am excited about them. I was reacting to a number of disappointments in other areas and a little sore from a bicycle fall the day before.( that is fodder for a different post). Their enthusiasm was uplifting to me. They were so full of questions that the class went over about 20 minutes and I did not mind. I was more than willing to answer their questions. I thoroughly enjoyed the class.

That is probably one of the benefits of Zentangle® that does not get talked about as much, but it is still important.

Thanks for visiting. As always comments are welcomed, encouraged, and appreciated.

Go Tangle !!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful story. I love how you saw what they got out of it and what they gave you. Very nice perspective that I'm sure helps you get through tough things. I'm glad you both enjoyed yourselves.

    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems as though this happens, we look forward to doing something and the experience was fine, but just okay. Then there are times we dread doing something, get there and have the time of our life!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.