Sunday, September 27, 2015

New Project: Tangled Letter - Step II, Cut out

Was not sure that I was going to post each step but got this done and decided to go ahead. I completed the areas that I am cutting out. May have to go back and clean up a few of the cuts. Still not sure what I will put it on. To give an idea of where the cuts were made I took a picture with two different backgrounds. Not sure what I will end up using. Will probably be something neutral so very likely that it will be black. Not sure what I will do for a frame.




Tangles ( from the bottom): Mooka, Rixty(variation), Tripoli, Flora, Nymph, Cubine, Keeko, Poke Root, Poke Leaf.

This is a time consuming process. Not sure how if I will do this as a class and not sure how to structure it. Concerned that it did it in two or more classes not sure how would charge for it. Also not sure if many  would be willing to put that much time into it. I cannot do longer classes. 

Did notice that in doing the cutting, What I did on Tripoli, it really changed the way that the tangle looks. Probably better to use more organic or linear tangles when you do this. Have a couple of different size stencils. Do not have a 2" which would probably be better if doing more than one letter. May try making my own stencils by picking fonts on the computer, enlarging them and then tracing those. Will wait and see.  Nest will probably do with a little more traditional block letter.

Thanks for visiting. As always, comments are welcomed, encouraged, and appreciated.

Go Tangle !!

2 comments:

  1. You must have the patience of a saint to do all those tiny cut outs. This is looking amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It did take some concentration but it really was not as bad as I thought it might be. The Fiskar cutters worked pretty well. Probably Tripoli was the most tedious. Just a lot of small cuts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.