Sunday, October 30, 2016

Tangled pumpkin: Free form

Have continued to be busy trying to get things ready for the next 7 weekends. I had hoped to get some tangled pumpkins done earlier but was not able to get to them. I finally finished one. Usually when I do the pumpkins I use the vertical lines as the string and do tangles inside them.  Decided that I wanted to do one that was a little more free form. May have done a smaller one in this manner before, but not one this size. I chose the off white pumpkin. I used organic tangles for the major part of the pumpkin and used more grid based tangles for the top and bottom.  Here is what I came up with. I hope you enjoy it.

These first pictures are of all the tangles that I used around the pumpkin. I managed to not repeat any major tangles. Sanabelle, Zinger, and Fescu are the most often repeated but I considered these more embellishments.








This is the top of the pumpkin. Cannot really see it that well, but I think that the Msst around the top makes a nice finish.


This is what I did on the bottom. I just started in the center and worked my way out. 



Most of the work was done with a Microperm although I did use and identiPen on some of it. The identiPen  has more of a gloss finish.

I won't try mention all the different tangles that I used. In addition to the ones that I all ready mentioned I used, Chain lea, Phicops, Aquafleur. Featherfall, Dragonair, Mooka, Flux, Angel fish, Hear vine, and Antidot.

I am guessing that it took between 5-6 hours to complete. A little tough to really get a good handle as did not do it in large time blocks until recently.

Thanks for visiting. As always, comments are welcomed, encouraged, and appreciated.

Go Tangle !!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Donald, Love your free form tangled pumpkin. Looks wonderful. I believe it will be a hit when people see it. After all this work are you able to keep the pumpkin so it lasts for years or does it eventually shrivel up & 'die?'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. It does no shrivl up. It is not a real pumpkin. It will last for as long as you want.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.