Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Diva Challenge #328: Guest Blogger, Suzanne Fluhr - Use my Tangle (UMT)

Got something done a little earlier this week as I was home a little more due to having a lithoripsy done.  Gave me something to do, although I could have probably worked on a number of other projects as well.

The firs Challenge of the month is typically a UMT Challenge, and Suzanne kept with this format choosing her tangle Aloha. You can read about it's origin on her blog here. It is a fun tangle to do and is versatile.  I chose to use it along with some other tangles to create an organic themed tile. I thought about using a grid tangle in the background. Was more an decision of convenience that anything else.  Was thinking of something like Florz.  Aloha can be used as a border. If I get it done soon, am working on a mat for a 5x7 picture. May use Aloha and some similar tangles on this as well.

 I first had contact with Suzanne on line through the Diva Challenge.  She participated in them in spite of her anxiety about her ability and then she also decided to go to Providence and attend a CZT seminar.  It is interesting to see the progression of her work over this time period and now she is a guest blogger.  Congratulations Suzanne.

Anyway, here is what I came up with. I hope you enjoy it.



Tangles used: Aloha, Flux, Boing, Ahh,  and a few Zingers
Shading done with HB pencil.

I have not had a chance to look at all the things posted so far.  I have seen a few that have appeared on my reading list.  Would strongly encourage you to go to I am the Diva and take some time to explore all the great art that is submitted. This seems to be versatile tangle and think that may see a variety of things.

Thanks for visiting. As always, comments are welcomed, encouraged, and greatly appreciated.

Go Tangle !!    

19 comments:

  1. Lovely combination of beautiful drawn tangles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tile Donald. I especially like the texture you've incorporated into Aloha😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your kind words, Don. You have well described my Zentangle progression. It has been a very satisfying addition to my almost recovered lawyer life. Nice composition. I like what you did with Aloha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful tile Donald, I love it. I'm glad I could help with translating :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am anticipating a variety with this tangle.

      Delete
  5. I was thinking and thinking what am I going to do with my big empty spaces in Aloha. Well, one of us solved the problem effortlessly. Great tile, Don, and definitely beautiful Aloha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I use Flux a lot because it is easier to make it grow. The others Just started using in organic themed tiles. Boing is from one of Sandy Steen Bartholomew's books.

      Delete
  6. A wonderful tile with these organic patterns. Best wishes from Germany, Margarete

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful organic tile, Donald. I really like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how you've used this pattern and it really works well with the Flux at the centre of the composition.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty and happy looking tile!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful tile! I like your lovely variation of Aloha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.