Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Diva Challenge #166: UMT Diva style

This week's Diva Challenge is another UMT (use my tangle) challenge. This is a little different in that she did not pick one that others had submitted but it is an unnamed tangle that she created. One of the things I like about it is that it uses a few of the basic strokes that Zentangle® is based on. I think it is fun to experiment with this. This tangle works well as a monotangle or with a few others. I am not sure how much I would use it as a fill in other tiles. I am sure though I will see  some very imaginative ways to use this tangle. I returned to Zentangle® roots this week using an original white tile and only using a Micron and graphite pencil. After experimenting a little more the last few weeks, it seemed a little odd only using these tools. I am satisfied with the way that it turned out. Here is what I came up with. I hope you enjoy it.



Tangles used: Diva's unnamed tangle, Indy-rella, Flux, and Zinger

I am now off to look at what the other folks have posted. This tangle has so many possibilities that I am looking forward to seeing some really fantastic art. I would encourage you to visit I am the Diva and see it all also.

Thanks for visiting. As always, comments are welcomed, encouraged, and appreciated.

Go Tangle !!

14 comments:

  1. Donald, at first I thought you did some very complicated shimmer, but then I realized that you had done some really excellent shading! I like the different center you came up with for the circles of "nameless".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donald your shading on this one rocks, and I really love how many lines/strings that you managed to get between the circles! Your Indyrella, Zingers, and stuff, really add to the overall look! Awesome! It is fun to go old school again to remind us of our roots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Donald... GREAT piece of art and fun... So lovely with the EXPLOSIONS at certain points... love it all... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Schön!
    Liebe Grüße,*Manja*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice tile and great shading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love this tile! It's very pleasant to go back to the original zentangle idea, I think. Your did a great job with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the embellishments around the tile, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! Great shading! I like Zinger here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This really works, Donald. Great choice of tangles to go with the new one. Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the way you blend this into something so organic! So pretty

    ReplyDelete
  11. A really wow-tile. Absolutely perfect. You're very successful in making this kind of technique pattern lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like everyone else I love the shading. A very happy-looking piece that lifts my mood. Also, I'm not sure what the pattern is, maybe a version of Isochor - the lines that kind of create fern-leafy shapes at some of the junctures? That one. I'm going to remember that one. I have a feeling it will show up on some of my tiles....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think what you are referring to is called Indy-rella.

      Delete
  13. It's a fun tile, Donald, and great shading!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.