Saturday, May 13, 2017

Diva Challenge #315: "Tangle study = Molygon"

Finally able to get something together for the Diva Challenge. I do miss participating regularly, but have to make some decisions about where I spend my time.  Have to admit, part of what made it possible to participate is the tile I used is one that I had prepared and worked on in a recent class. I had not finished puting  tangles in it so decided to add this week's focus.

Have to admit that I have not done Molygon since it was first introduced. Not one of my favorites and not particularly thrilled with the way that these turned out. I like the tile but not how Molygon turned out. part of my "problem" is that I tend to do things in a smaller size. Do not think that this works with this tangle. I also did not get quite enough lunar shape to them also. Well it is what it is.
Here is what I came up with. I hope you enjoy it.


Tangles used: Cadent,  Poke root, Poke leaf, Henna Drum, ING variation, and Molygon
As I indicated above the tile was from a class I was doing. We were doing water color washes to add color. This was done with Faber-Castell  water colored pencils. After used the pencils to put down the color used a wet brush  to blend and spread out. This was just one part of the class as we also did a larger piece using alcohol inks. Was a fun class.  But I digress.
Did not do any other shading or highlighting on this. Thought about doing a little on the Molygon but decided not to.

I have not looked at any of the other pieces posted. Hopefully will have some time to do this later. If you have not been to I am the Diva, would encourage you to do so. There are always some great works of art.  

Thanks for visiting. As always, comments are welcomed, encouraged, and appreciated.

Go Tangle !!

5 comments:

  1. Well Donald, I think Molygon is great next to Henna Drum! But I also think that this tangle will not be a macc-and-cheese on for most of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tile, Donald, and I agree with your words.. I also did Molygon too small to do much with but it is growing on me as I try to draw it bigger...or shade it differently. I do like your colours here. Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A valiant attempt! Looks very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems that a lot of folks felt the same about Molygon. Sometimes it flows for me, and others not so much. It still works even if it is not "perfect". I enjoyed the nice tile you made with the rainbow colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you, Molygon is not my favorite but I guess it's good to push ourselves.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.