Saturday, March 9, 2019

Exploring different styles: Steampunk

I have been interested in the Steampunk style of tangling but have not tried it before. I have to admit it was a little intimidating as I think that working in this style takes a little more planning than the traditional Zentangle® method. As some times happens to get me started on something new, I will plan to do a class on it.  This kind of makes me explore it more and spend some time with it.  I am still in the early stages of this and exploring different tangles.  I  know that Sandra Strait has done a  lot on Steampunk. For my initial work I used Alice Hendon's "Tanlge Starts Planner Into the Future".  It is a  journal/planner but it also has 100 different steampunk tangles included in this book.  I practiced some of them.  Here is what that looked like.



The tangles in the book are from Alice Hendon, Sandra Strait and Christina Reyes.  The ones that I used here are Roller, Beaded Pipez, Quadrant, and Chalice( clockwise from the second row). the upper left hand corner is a variation of a tangle from Zentangle, Huggins, and making in a steampunk style., or at least an attempt.

This was where most of my practice was and then I did a 4"x 4" tile using some of these and a variety of others. Here is the result of that. 





The background tangles are Steel, Barz, and Boxed up( across the tile from the left). The others are Helical, Smoke Stax Whistle, and Quadrant.  The middle row is Roller and the bottom are Spool and Quadrant.  The tangle connecting the two Quadrants is Rotory. The tangle connecting Spools is Beaded Pipez. 

This fun to do, even though it did stretch me alittle. Have some work to do to feel comfortable with some of the tangles but that is part of the fun.

Thanks for visiting.  As always, comments are welcomed, encouraged, and appreciated.  

Go Tangle !!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.