Sunday, March 31, 2019

Exploring different styles: Steampunk tangles - a whimsical tile

Life has a way of jumping up and getting your attention. That last two weeks  have been a good example of that for me.  I was struggling with a shoulder injury which unfortunately ended up  being a torn rotator cuff.  Was painful and interfering with sleep enough that decided to get it repaired.  Scheduled the surgery and began working out things to deal with the immediate issues of the recovery.  Could  not stay alone.  That was coming together and I even had a class planned 2 days before the surgery as it is on my dominant side and knew would not be doing much tangling for a while.  That is a part of this post as the tile was to demonstrate a  different way do a tile.  The real kicker came when abut a week before the surgery I got a call that my younger sister had unexpectly died.  that was enough of a shock but got thrown into having to deal with a lo as she was single s next of kin was our Mother, which I have POA for.  Thus, handling things fell on me.  My older sister has helped tremendously with this. But even with her help exhausted doesn't adequately describe how I am feeling most of the time.

As a result of the surgery, have not done much tangling. Could do some non-dominant hand tangling but have to do so much writing with my left hand the effort is more draining.  Miss not being able to tangle.  This is the last tile I did.  Is more whimsical.  Is a vehicle with some character at the helm.  Hope you like it.



Tangles used: Tailpipe, Huggins, Whirly Bird, Chalice, Lifter, Wingnut, Smoke Stax, Sphere Gear, Boilerplate, Steel,and Tipple. Tangles were deconstructed by Alice Hendon, Sandra Strait, and Christine Reyes.  

Thanks for visiting.  As always comments are welcomed, encouraged, and appreciated

Go Tangle !! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.