Sunday, December 2, 2018

More pyrography: Tangled crosses

I picked these up a couple of months ago but as often happens, life got in the way of doing anything with them.  I have done some before and enjoy doing them.  Some smaller ones I actually used a micron to draw patterns on them.  Did not want to do this this time.

 Some times the simplest patterns make for satisfying results.  These are wooden crosses that I got at a craft store. They are about 1.75" x 2.75"x ¼ ".  Not sure what the wood is. It does not say on the package.  Will explain a little more after the picture.


Cannot always do tangles in the way that would with a pen.  The tangle is like perf and used mostly as an embellishment. Some would say it is Tipple, but that tends to be larger. Ends up being a stippling effect.  I used a small stylus ball to do.  My burner is a Razertip.  I use a beeswax polish to finish.  It does darken the wood a little but I do not mind the effect of this.  I like the opposite effect. 

When finished will attach bales to the back and use a black waxed cotton cord  attached to that.  

Thanks for visiting.  As always, comments are welcomed, encouraged, and appreciated.

Go Tangle !!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.