Friday, October 23, 2020

Combining tangling and Pyrography: Burned cross

 Trying to get a little more regular about posting things, but since I am out of the habit do not always think about it. I am working on inventory for a Winter Market that I will be participating in later this year. Here is an item that I recently finished. It combines two things that I like to do, tangling and wood burning. I do not do typical pyrography as I do not try do pictures. I would like to have more time to work on that but that will have to wait. I am also digressing.  I purchased the blank from a craft store. It is approximately 8" x 5". 



I use a Razer tip SS-D10 burner. I used a F9S pen for the words. It is listed as a pen for writing. This is the small size.  I used  an F14D Blunt Heel Knife to do the pattern. The small shading was done with a a F5S small spear. 

I thought about doing a little shading with the spear or another shader, on the Shattuck pattern but opted not to. 


I have a calligraphy pen that I have not tried yet. Before I try that will probably practice on some scrap wood to get the feel of it. 


Thanks for visiting. As always, comments are welcomed, encouraged, and appreciated.

Go Tangle !! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.