Saturday, May 4, 2013

Zendala Dare # 56: NO PENS ALLOWED!!!!

Boy this Dare brought back a lot of memories. When I first started doing tangles I did not have any of the Zentangle® tools. My sister introduced me to this art form and my first experience was folding a piece of white copy paper and using my mechanical pencil with 0.5 mm HB lead. As embarrassing as it is, here is a picture of one of the first things that I did.




I forget where I got the tangles from. I think that it may have been from my sister's blog, Tinkered Art. You can see some of her things here. It won't take you to her earlier pages, but if you are interested you can search her blog.  It did not take me long to add using a gel pen. One of the other things that had its roots was  not using much white space. I unfortunately still struggle with this as times as you can see in this Zendala.  This Dare made me appreciate the fine tools that I use now. For what it is worth, here it is. I think it is a little better than my first attempt.Hope you enjoy it.





Tangles used: Voxter, Paradox, Chillon, Knightsbridge, Fenetre, Flora (variation)


Erin this was a fun Dare and it provided me with a trip down "memory lane", but there is one thing that I am very sure about.  I WANT MY MICRON BACK!!!!!  If you have not all ready done so, would encourage you to visit The Bright Owl and look at what others have done. Visit often as things are posted throughout the week.

Thanks for visiting. As always, comments are welcomed, encouraged, and appreciated.

Go Tangle ! 

12 comments:

  1. It's so much better then the first attempt. I think it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see definite improvement in your zentangling from when you first started. Your Dare today is really cool. I love the open space and all the tangles you chose. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made a lot of progression. You did a great job on this zendala and put some nice floral elements in it (I love that ). And I agree with you arghhh I want my pens back too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your first piece was amazing. Isn't it great how anyone can do tangles without starting out as an "artist?" I do love the Dare too. Very nicely done without all the smears that I encountered LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job on this dare, and I don't see any smudges. Nice choice of tangles, and I love the composition. However, I agree with you about our Micron pens, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I look at this I think of Scotland as the background looks like tartan (with a quick look) and thistles. It's good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think its very nice and yes!
    WE ALL WANT OUR MICRONS BACK!!!
    But therefor its a dare... We have learned

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Donald - It was fun to see your first zentangle and hear about the pencil you started with. Nice job, and I agree with Chrissie that it has a real Scottish feel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice job Donald!! I can see you used a harder lead than I did and it made a huge difference! Must agree though... I want my Micron!!!! LOL... looking forward to seeing your next creation!!!

    Debbie aka the DayLee Doodler!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you had your first one to share. Like your all pencil dare - not sure how I would do without a pen might have to give it a try though. Thanks for the comments on the blog hope to be posting more. On the Romanancy - I was really struggling with it then one time I turned the tile and started to draw the top lines vertically - made all the difference in the world - somehow I could see the perspective better that way. Horizontally just didn't work for me. Maybe that's something to try.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pencil zentangles are so different! I like the rosettes and pinecone like patterns!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.