Thursday, December 25, 2014

Square One : Crescent Moon

This is one of those tiles where if I had evaluated it before I was done doing all the tangles, I would have discarded the tile. Not that I would really do that, as I have discarded very few tiles. I started out with the circle in the middle as a string and did the rounds of Crescent Moon. The last tangle I did was Florz. This is a fairly simple tangle, but when I was even partially done with it, my whole perspective on the tile changed dramatically. It went from it is okay to I really like this. When this happens even questions about shading don't exist much. That is saying a lot for me as shading is an area I struggle with still after about 3 ½ years of tangling. Cannot explain it, but it is one of the things that I like about Zentangle®.  I cannot count the number times this has happened with tiles and Zendalas. Well enough rambling. You did not visit to hear my ramblings. Here is what I came up with. I hope you enjoy it.



Tangles used : Crescent Moon, Gneiss, Inapod, & Florz
Shading was done with HB and 4B pencils.

Am experimenting with my chop. May see a couple of different variations. If you have any thoughts, either way, about any of them, feel free to let me know. Some of what I have come up with lately reminds me too much of a bug.

Thanks for visiting. As always, comments are welcomed, encouraged, and appreciated. 

Go Tangle !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.