Friday, January 16, 2015

Diva Challenge #200!!: "Bi-Zen-Tennial Celebration!"

This week's Diva Challenge is her 200th weekly challenge. To celebrate she wants people to use their "Mac & Cheese tangle in a monotangle. The other guidelines were to fill the whole tile and somewhere include the number 200 in the tile. A big part of this challenge was deciding what tangle I would use. It would seem easy as a Mac 'N' Cheese tangle is one that you go to when you need a tangle. I think at first I was getting this confused with tangles that I like. When I thought about it, the one tangle that I have used the most, and for a while particularly when the Zendala Dare was active, I used one tangle in almost anything. At one point I found myself using it so much that a set a challenge for myself to not use this tangle at all for a couple of months. The tangle that I am referring to is Shattuck. I am not sure why this became so popular with me but it just seem to fit in so many places. I also like it a lot. The next part of the challenge was deciding how I would do this as a monotangle. That was a little more challenging, but once I started it came together fairly quickly. It just took a while to get it done. Here is what I came up with. I hope you enjoy it.





Used 2B and 4B pencils for the shading.

As usual things have been hectic and I have not seen very many things that have been posted. I am on my way now to look at a few of them. If you have not go to I am the Diva and check it out. Try it yourself, even if you do not post. But I would encourage you to put away that inner critic and go ahead and post what you have done.

Thanks for visiting. As always, comments are welcomed, encouraged, and appreciated.

Go Tangle !! 

11 comments:

  1. the shading is so great! And I love the sparkles you've put in your shattuck. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I'd placed a bet I would have won - thought you might choose Shattuck. I've always liked the way you draw it. I initially did have the 200 in then blacked over it as I wanted to use the space differently then in my rush to get it posted I forgot to add it back in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous design using shattuck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful Tile, Donald. Beautifully drawn Shattuck augmented with beautiful shading. Your design reminds me of a fun board-game. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shattuck is a tangle I also you quite often, it's so rewarding. Your tile and it's composition is beautiful, Donald.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shattuck is not a tangle I'm comfortable so maybe in the future it will be a challenge and I'll give it a go. Great tile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful tile and composition! Shattuck is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't really think about it that way, Donald. I love Paradox, but I probably put Tipple on more tiles. Tipple sure would be boring on its own though. I really like your Shattuck. Never noticed you use it a lot. Now I will have to keep an eye out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous tile with Stattuck! I like your use of it! Wonderful shading and fine sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very inspiring layout of your string!! You did a beautiful job here Donald!! Thank you for the sunshine on my blog! :0) Annette

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely! I like how you have those little "pauses" in your line work...and the shading too...a work of art for the diva's special bi-zen-tennial this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.