Sunday, January 18, 2015

First Pyrography Attempt

Not too long ago I received a surprise package from my sister. I had tried my hand at wood burning a couple of years ago. I had some wood boxes that I was doing for the oldest granddaughters. I do not think I had even started tangling then. I had a simple tool that I had purchased at Hobby Lobby. My sister has been burning for a while. She originally started on gourds. After she stopped doing gourds, she transferred this to her tangling work. She has done some really stunning pieces. If you want to look at some good burning, can see some examples at her blog Tinkered Art Studio. She has pictures in her Galleries. She has things in every one except her Zentangle® Gallery. Well, what was in the package was her older Razertip burner with about 5 different pens. I had been wanting to try different things but with the holidays and a couple of venues where I was selling, I did not have a chance to try them out. I finally just decided to do go ahead and do it. Although I probably should have been working on things to file my taxes. It is nothing special, but it is a start. Hope to get to some other things later. Really need to get some information/instruction on this.

Here is what I did. You cannot tell from the picture but this piece of wood is about the size of a business card. It is not very thick. I stuck to very simple tangles. I hope you enjoy it.



Tangles used: Paradox, Msst, Ahh

I guess the word is apropos since I was not sure how this was going to turn out.

Thanks for visiting. As always, comments are welcomed, encouraged, and appreciated. 

Go Tangle !! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.