Saturday, May 30, 2015

Another adventure into Pyrography : Burned Door Hanger

It has been a while since I have tried any burning. This was good practice for me. The wood is probably not the best. Is some type of plywood. Thought that I had sanded it pretty well but based on how the shading sections burned, not sure that I did. Not sure that it shows up that well but the shading is not that smooth. There are a number of overburns. Considering that this is only the second piece that I did with this burner, I am okay with the way that it turned out. Hoping to get more practice before I do anything bigger. Have another door hanger that I will probably burn on. Enough explanation, here is what I came up with. I hope you enjoy it.


Tangles used (from the bottom up): Shattuck, Chard (variation), Bales, & Hibred (variation)
Burner used: Razor tip SS - D10

Was able to get a second picture in natural light so some of the shading shows up better, particularly on the Shattuck at the bottom. That is one of the things that seemed to go well.


Thanks for visiting. As always, comments are welcomed, encouraged, and appreciated.

Go Tangle !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.