Thursday, June 18, 2015

New Tangle, Pattern, Tangleation: Opsess

Those of you that have followed my blog for a while may be familiar with my different posts on using the basic stroke "S" as a basis for tangles. It began about 2 years ago when I was working in my journal.  At the time I did not do anything to do step outs or even name anything. Part of that was deciding what, if any of them constituted a tangle or what was just patterns. Did not really feel like anything was that unique. Here is the page from my journal.



There are 2 on here that I  have used before, but never named. They still remain unnamed. They are the first one in the top row and the fourth one in the bottom row. I used them recently on a bookmark that I posted on Stacked and Tangled and also did a blog entry. Did not get a lot of feedback on it. I came up with a few different variations on the bookmark. To avoid having to go between pages, here is another copy of  the bookmark 


You can see most of the ones from my journal on this bookmark. The one above Knightsbridge was a new variation. After I did it I began thinking about what it would look like if I varied the direction of the "S".Tried a couple of different things and that is how Opsess came about. I did a tile and posted on the Certified Zentangle FB site. Did not get a lot of feedback or comments but decided that it was different. Think the basic structure of the tangle leaves things open for a lot of variation. I have not played with a lot but here is the step out and a few variations.




Here is the tile that I had posted earlier.



The one on the top left was developed at the same time and is a tangleation of Pea-Nuckle. I have a step out of that in process and will post it sometime in the next couple of weeks. 

If anyone knows of Opsess by a different name, please comment on this post or message me. 

Thanks for visiting. As always, comments are welcomed, encouraged, and appreciated.

Go Tangle !!

6 comments:

  1. I like your new tangle...and two on your journal page (bottom row with teardrop tips). I also am very fond of your variation on the step out that looks a bit yin-yang-y! I'll enjoy playing with your S pattern Donald, and look forward to your future creations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for you comment. I hope you have fun with it Would be interested in seeing how how use it If you notice the teardrops tips on the two are made differently. The one that the teardrop is filled is made by overlapping the "S". The other, which is on an angle, is made by closing the end of the "S".

      Delete
  2. I like the tangle a lot and think it will be very versatile.
    I like the Yin yang variation but also the first one as the central "S"'s look like bird faces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great tangle, Donald! I'll play with it this week. Also looking forward to that tanglation of Pea-knuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your new Tangle, will enjoy playing with it and your 'yet to be named ones'. And Meg is right, the "S's" do look like bird faces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Donald! Congratulations on having your tangle featured on tangle patterns :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.