Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Diva Challenge #90:String Theory v. XIII

I have mixed feelings about this Challenge. Was excited when I started out but then hit a block. Ended by choosing two tangles at random to finish. Don't think that there is anything wrong with it, just does not really grab me. I did try a few new things with shading. Sometimes when I try something new, I concentrate more on that than the total image. Oh well, it is what it is.



Tangles used: Eenies, Mooka, Quandary, Jonqal(variation). The line tangle as far as I know is unnamed. I got it from my cousin, Dianne Krumnow,a fellow CZT 10 Grad. I think this was the one that was based on a picture she took of a stained glass window. 

16 comments:

  1. Fabulous use of design! A really lovely tangled tile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you've some lovely tangles - I like the pattern used over the string :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is wonderful! Great shading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to do this challenge! I love the pattern used for the string too (Like Lila) and I can so see the string.
    Mine got lost in between the tangles somewhere ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I like to have the string get lost. This pattern enables a lot of variations to complete it. Still have not gotten a name for it. Thanks for your comments.

      Delete
  5. A lovely tile! I like the string, looking like lace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. There are really a lot of variations on ways to finish this.

      Delete
  6. Nice one! I think the "chain" (not sure what that tangle is called!) that runs throughout is really great! The flowery one is very nice too! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The chain has not been "named" by the creator yet. Waiting to hear. She is open to suggestions, so would pass any along. I think the flowery one you refer to is Quandary. This was the tangle introduced at the CZT 10 training. Do not think they have posted the step-out for it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! It sounds like you are on the cutting edge in the tangle world! I can't wait to see the step-out for Quandary...it reminds me a lot of Fife!

      Delete
  8. Donald, I love the way you tangled the string. Its a great pattern. And about the others i can say you have a great balance in your tile. Perfect Job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice. I think you did a lovely job :) It's great to experiment - I learn something new every time even if I don't love the finished result. I really like the chain running along the string line, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great design with shading that really makes it pop. Looking forward to find out more about Quandary and the CZT 10 training!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.