Monday, October 15, 2012

Diva Challenge #91: Beads of Courage

I enjoyed this challenge, although it was time consuming. Made me appreciate the Zentangle® method of black and white. When I saw what the challenge was, could not really envision doing it without color. Although Laura's looked really good. I knew that I wanted to do beads but was not sure how I wanted to present them. After an internet search decided on this one. According to the search this is Celtic symbol for courage and strength. Seemed to fit for kids and families dealing with chronic conditions. Since it was in color was a challenge to decide what to do with shading. Decided to try to highlight the whole thing. Hope you like it, I did.



I am not even going to attempt to identify tangles that I used. Are some but most are embellishments.


I started a second one that did not have time to finish yet and since I had this one, wanted to get it posted. Will try to get it done and post later this week. 

Comments are encouraged and appreciated.

14 comments:

  1. Wow Donald! You must have been really focused to achieve such a wonderful tile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my! how pretty - I would never have thought to use a Celtic Knot - very approriate with the meaning :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tile and a great idea, this celtic knot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Donald great makingbeads on a string with a celtic knot. Very colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work on the knot and nice combo on the colors

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect shape for all that wonderful color and detail. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea to use a string that has meaning for the project this week. I like the fact that you used real bead designs, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the beads, lots of variety, and I like your choice of the celtic knot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely "tangled" string of beads - Well done

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much detail on this, Donald. The way you have woven your string looks great, too! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the Celtic knot and the colorful beads!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for all your encouraging comments.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.