Monday, October 22, 2012

Diva Challenge #92: String Theory v. XIV "Stripes 2.0"

Was not participating in the challenge the last time this was done. Do remember seeing some of the things that were done. Took a little different approach than most of the ones I have seen so far. Okay, it is quite different. Not sure what took me in this direction. Not sure about how I feel about the final result. It is not your traditional stripes. The stripes are there, they are just woven with the black stripes. Oh well they can't all be gems. Even debated as to whether I should even post this and just start over. Decided not to do that but will probably take another shot at this challenge. Will probably be a little bit more traditional. Who knows for sure. Will have to wait and see where the tangling leads me.





If you haven't visited The Diva's site, go there and see all the other entries. There are some amazing things that people are doing.




14 comments:

  1. This is exactly what I love about the challenges! Your take on this challenge is different, wonderful and well done! Great entry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it. It has a quilted look. And, as I need to keep reminding myself, it's the process. Also, looking at it later, I find that the "Tangle Fairies" (as suggested by one of my painting teachers) have made it look better than when I left it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you posted it! I really like the tangles you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very neat look for this challenge. The dark squares look like flannel, and the tangles rather silky. A cool patchwork quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like what you have done with the challenge. I think that is the thing that is most fun about the challenge....using the perimeters and making them your own! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go with the flow - its very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you decided to post it; we are all too hard on ourselves, wondering if we are "following the rules". What rules? That's the beauty of tangling and zentangles. I love your stripes (and they are definitely stripes) in a checkerboard pattern. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for the comments and helping me take a new perspective. Don't know that this will ever be one of my favorites, but able to see more positives. Had not seen the "quilted" aspect or the difference in texture. That occurred mostly because of how the black filled in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well Donald, that the great thing about challenges everyone has another interpretation of it and I like how different all the tiles are. I like your woven stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great woven stripes - and I like that you have used lots of different tangles. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like a beautiful vintage quilt...they are pieced stripes aren't they?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your stripes peeping through!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.