Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Diva Challenge #126: "Stencil Fun"

This was a good challenge for me. I am doing a class in about a month on Zendalas, specifically different ways to make your own template.  Some day I would like to order one of the zendala template makers but right now I have to go with a little more economical method. I picked up some symmetry stencils at a new store. I was down in Indy doing some cycling on the Monon Trail and found a store close to where I was staying named United Art and Education. Went in to investigate. They had some nice stuff though most of it was geared toward elementary and preschool children. This challenge gave me a chance to experiment. Did not do anything fancy. I really liked what Laura did with the stencils that she used. Here is the stencil string that I came up with.



Nothing fancy, but I was okay with it for a first try. Here is the ZIA that I came up with using this template. I hope you enjoy it.





Tangles used: Scrawlz, Crescent Moon (variation), Betweed, & Mooka

I have not had much time to look at what others have submitted. I only looked at a few. I hope to spend a little more time looking at those and if there is time, If you have not, would strongly recommend that you go to I am the Diva and check things out. I have another stencil string ready to go. It is much different, and simpler. May not get it done in time to post for this challenge but may post it later. 

Thanks for visiting. As always, comments are welcomed, encouraged, and appreciated.

Go Tangle !!

16 comments:

  1. Nice work Donald. I looked for stencils yesterday and could not find any of the kind meant for this challenge. I used a wall stencil (!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think the great thing about this challenge is all the unique things that people decided to use as a stencil. In Zentangle® fashion, there is no right or wrong.

      Delete
  2. Donald ~ I really like this tile! I'm looking forward to seeing the other piece you are working on ~ when you can post it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It´s wonderful! Especially I like the way you used Laced in this balanced composition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This came out beautifully! Your corner pieces are very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. That was as specific piece in the stencils that I had. I was not sure what to do at first and then it just hit that Betweed would fit nicely.

      Delete
  5. That is gorgeous. Interesting how much beautiful detail and scroll work you got into a simple template. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It also helps to have 005 Microns to work in small detail areas!!

      Delete
  6. this is very beautiful Donald. It reminds me of something you would see on the ancient colosseums.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so very pretty, nice work lovely

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your ZIA-Betweed really worked well in the 4 spokes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the four spokes too. I watched the video on Betweed a few months ago and have been trying it out on everything. I love doing it. Nice piece.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.