Saturday, July 20, 2013

Zendala Dare #66

Usually do not have a chance to get to the Dare this quickly. My schedule cleared out and I decided to do something that I enjoy doing rather than all the things on my To Do List. I will probably pay for it later, but it was fun and relaxing. As is usually the case, the shading is what causes me the most discontent. I probably need to work in my journal on this a little more. Here is what I came up with for this weeks Dare. Uncharacteristically, I did not include an organic tile. That has been a pattern with me for a while. Despite my questions about the shading, I am generally pleased with the result. I used some of my favorite tangles on this one. Hope you enjoy it.




Tangles used: Betweed, Shattuck, 'Nzeppel, & Paradox


Going to use this post to catch up on a few of the challenges that I missed. The first one is Zendala Dare # 63.  This was a fun one to do. I surprised myself at how quickly I was  able to complete it once I started it. The tangles just seemed to flow. 




The next is Zendala Dare #64. I have to admit that it is not according to the directions of the Dare. I had printed off the template and had been carrying it around. When I had the time I did not go back and reread the directions and did not remember that the tangles we were to use were suppose to begin with the letters H O T or H E A T. I am including it mostly as I liked the way it turned out. I hope that you enjoy it too.





I completed this weeks challenge early enough that there are not a lot of others posted on The Bright Owl. I encourage you to go there often during the week and look at the great pieces that others submit. 

Thanks for visiting. As always, comments are welcomed, encouraged and appreciated. 

Go Tangle !!

12 comments:

  1. They are all three lovely. You've been busy. I really like the laced part in the third one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three great zendalas! I think your shading is actually quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your tangles are just super! It would be hard to pick just one as the best! What is the tangle in your last Zendala that looks like interwoven ribbons? Do you have a step out for it? Hope you can email your answer: ronniesz@aol.com Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All three are very nicely done. For the first one, I like how you contrasted the "arms" with a light tangle and a dark tangle, giving it a pin-wheel effect. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work! Your shading looks great! I like the flower looking tangle on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are referring to 'Nzeppel. It is one of my favorite tangles. I usually fill in the spaces so then it sometimes looks more like a stone path.

      Delete
  6. Wonderful zendalas! Each of them has a separate impression. Great shading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All three are beautiful, the last one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like all three. The woven look on the last one is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really such nice work! I love the way all of the patterns you choose always seem to work well together.

    Be creative and catch some Happy!

    Jacque Solomon
    www.tanglebright.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your work!
    its very very beautyfull

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.