Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Diva Challenge #127: "Duo Challenge v.VII: Cirquital/Opus"

I had a mixed reaction to this challenge. Part of that is that I have only tried Cirquital on a few occasions and was not pleased with the way that it turned out. If there is a circular area in a string, I am more likely to use another tangle. I guess though that is what the challenge is all about. It is doing something different from what we normally do or are comfortable with. I don't have any similar feelings about Opus, but I must admit it is also not one that I find myself using a lot. Not sure why. I was not really sure how to start, so I went back to basics and did a string. Since I knew that I would be using Cirquital, I included a couple loops. I pretty much envisioned Cirquital being the primary tangle and Opus being the embellishment. As is usually the case, the shading presented the most challenges. Since this is not a tangle that I have a lot experience with, I was generally pleased with the results first try. I hope that you enjoy it.







I have not had a chance to look at the other entries in this weeks challenge but am off to do that now. If you  have not all ready, would encourage you to go to I am the Diva and look at what others have done. I continue to be amazed with the diversity of things that I see. 

Thanks for visiting. As always comments are welcomed, encouraged, and appreciated.

Go Tangle!!

10 comments:

  1. Wow!! Love the 3D and shading effects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Donald :-) You know me though I have other name now. You know why because You alrady visited in my blog. It is my eye, but I hope it soon be okay.

    You tile is very good, especially I like Your Cirquital. You have painted them very fine and different. Good idea. I like black and white colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this tile! Wonderful variations of Cirquital with great 3D-effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like all the variations you played with as fills for Cirquital-especially the striping. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice, Donald. I like the way you encircled cirquital with opus.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the striped fill in Criquital, and the nice variation of bold and fine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also love the variations you used in Cirquital! The striping is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like Sue, I like to say that your stiping is very good. The whole tile is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool, your tile reminds me of squishy beach balls in the sun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.