Friday, July 19, 2013

Zendala Dare #65

It has been a couple of weeks since I have been able to post a Zendala Dare. I was hoping to get a couple of the past ones done to post at the same time, but things did not work out that way. I have to admit that when I first saw this template I was a little unsure. It is different than any of the others that I had seen. As I was thinking about it, I was not sure what to do. I admit, I did start to do some planning. Before I started with it though I read a post from someone that was participating in another of the on-line challenges and they commented that whenever they tried to plan a tile they struggled a little. They had learned that they were much better off letting it grow. It reminded me of a basic tenet of Zentangle®. There is no right or wrong. After your string, you just tangle. I did not abandon all my pre-thoughts but decided I was going to start and just proceed from there. The major decision was deciding if I should fill the space in the outer ring. I still am not sure about the decision to put in the Flux, Fescu, and the leaves. It looked too empty with nothing there, but it looks a little busy with it filled. Oh well, it is what it is and generally I am pleased with the result. Hope you enjoy it.



Tangles used: Ennies, Paradox (variation), Beads, Flux, Fescu, and Shattuck.  I do not know that the twisted leaves are a tangle.

This is a post late in the week so I am sure that most of of you have all ready been to The Bright Owl. If not would recommend that you visit and see the other submissions.  Plan on doing that, not sure how much time I will have to comment. I know that I appreciate comments that people make and I figure that if people take the time to create it, the least I can do is acknowledge it in a small way.

Thanks for visiting. As always, comments are welcomed, encouraged, and appreciated.

Go Tangle !!

5 comments:

  1. Wow Donald, this one surely has the 'wow' factor. I think you did the right thing filling the outer ring.
    Funny that you saw sad rabbits in my zendala. To asure you: I wasn't sad at all :-)
    Thans for you comment by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very wonderful zendala! The composition is well-balanced. The shading is great. Especially I like the border and the center.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an elegant Zendala, Well Done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! this is ever so lovely - such a delight to see :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your finished Zendala. Love the flux, it gives it a light airy feeling. The center is amazing to look at.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.