Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Diva Challenge #101 UMT v.XI: Phicops

What a great challenge to begin the New Year. Phicops, the Diva's husband tangle, is very versatile. When I saw it, it made me think of sea shells. That lead to my first tile. Here is what that looks like





Tangles used: Phicops, Boing, 

It was okay but it left me not quite feeling satisfied and I was a little surprised with the difficulty I had with some of the variations. So I decided to do another tile. I figured what better way to work on a new tangle than by doing a monotangle. So that is what I did. Here is what that looks like.






Tangles used: Phicops, Orlique  


Part of the fun in doing this tile was thinking of different variations on completing the tangle. Was fun and I liked most of them. I decided to fill in the background as I did not like the way that it looked just plain. Had a couple of different ideas but decided to go this route. Hope that you like it.

As always, comments are encouraged and welcomed. I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog. If you have not already, go to I am the Diva and look at all the other great tiles that people have done. There is a lot of amazing talent out there participating in the Diva Challenge. 

27 comments:

  1. These are both great Donald. I like the flow in the second one. You really captured the movement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice, donald! the first tile reminds me of pac-man :) i love it! and your monotangle is beautiful - you really got the hang of the tangle! nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. On the second the hardest was coming up with different ways to finish it.

      Delete
  3. Both are great! The first one looks like an underwater fairytale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. This tangle did make me think of aquatic things. Seemed to affect some that way and others had an entirely different take.

      Delete
  4. Oh wow! I love your collection in the second one. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the variations you've done--this is such a great tangle to play with! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I agree that it is a fun tangle to play with, Saw some neat things from other people that will have to remember to try.

      Delete
  6. Great work. I do like the variations you did on the second one. Makes them look so different, that you get a real nice collection of seashells.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am sure that there are still other variations that I did not even think of.

      Delete
  7. You are so right, the variations give it so much scope! Your tiles are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It was interesting to see the different interpretations of this tangle by all the people who participated.

      Delete
  8. Two great tiles, lots to look at in both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Was a little worried that the second was a little too busy, but it did not turn out too bad.

      Delete
  9. yay! i like the underwater tile!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two great tiles - the first one made me smile, and the second has so many awesome embellishments (and a superb background!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Glad you liked the background. Was not sure how far to go with it. Almost just left it as lateral lines.

      Delete
  11. Lovely, Donald. They look great with the different fill patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Not sure now many other ways there are to complete them but I am sure that it is a lot.

      Delete
  12. Wow, I think they are both fabulous. I love the detail in the second one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The second was fun to do also, particularly after I decided how I wanted to embellish it.

      Delete
  13. Looks like you are having a fun phicops party Donald!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like that you tied your monotangle together with the background, very effective.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.