Sunday, January 20, 2013

Zendala Dare #41

This week's template was one that I liked. It was harder though once I started to work on it. Not sure exactly why, but maybe because most of the sections were small and the tangles I chose had a lot of line work.  I guess some things just take time. This one also challenged my shading technique. Did not think about it when I chose the tangles but most of the tangles I used I do not have a lot of ideas about how to shade. It is trial and error and hoping for the  best. That being said, I was generally pleased with the results. The only thing that was not really sure about was that maybe I had too many things going in a circular direction. The shading did help break that up a little. Hope you like the result.



Tangles used: Spiteria, Scrawlz, Aura-leah, Crescent Moon, Tierso,  Exed.

Do not know if Tierso is a new tangle or pattern. It looks like something that I may have seen before but I cannot find anything in my notes. If someone knows that it has been posted before and knows  another name, let me know. It is getting really hard to remember all the patterns. 

If you have not all ready, take the time to go the The Bright Owl and look at all the other great pieces people have done. I have not looked at a lot of them, but plan to do so over the next couple of days.

Thanks for visiting and as always, comments are encouraged, appreciated and welcomed.

17 comments:

  1. Lovely!!!! This must indeed have been a lot of work. I love the shading around the zendala.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The shading was probably one of the more difficult things about completing this zendala

      Delete
  2. Nice one Donald! I love the simplicity of Aura-leah which seems to float over your other tangles. You've used several tangles I haven't heard of so I'm glad you've named them and now I can try to look them up!
    Your shading around the outside really gives depth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spiteria has been posted on the FB Zentangle® page. The step-out for Exed is on a Nov 2021 post on my blog. This is one that I developed. I think it is also on Free Hand Doodle Patterns on Flickr. Tierso is not one that has been published, I do not think. I am trying to research to see if it is a tangle that someone else has done before I post something. It is not that hare and you can probably deconstruct it if you really look at it.

      Delete
    2. Sorry, guess you cannot go to the future. I meant a Nov 2012 post.

      Delete
  3. Very nice, Donald. I see you went for lots of linework too! Nice choice of patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. When I looked at it the line work just seemed to fit.

      Delete
  4. I've never come across the tangles you name; Spiteria, tierso, and Exed. I'll have to check them out. Good job on the zendala.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spiteria was on the FB Zentangle site (Wanphai Nongrum is the persons name). Exed is one that I developed and can see the step-out on one of my earlier blogs. Tierso, again is a name that I gave to one. I have not done a step-out on it and it may all ready be a tangle under a different name. Trying to do some research before I post any step-outs.

      Delete
  5. Your linework is awesome. Well done with the shading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Probably relates a little to my compulsive nature on somethings. I do like the detail though.

      Delete
  6. Your Zendala is so elegant. You definitely have an eye for detail :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Not sure if it is an eye for detail or when I see a space my first thought is how do I fill it.

      Delete
  7. Donald, great zendala you made here. It looks like it is floating above the paper. I like the tangle you used at the outsied circle spaces. Well done ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. That tangle is one that I developed and is called Exed. You can find the step-out for it by going to the archives and going to November, 2012. It is listed their. Hope you try it. It can be a little tricky to get. It helps to keep the arcs as consistent as possible.

      Delete
  8. I love your zendala. Lovely how you used crescent moon in the petals.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very, very nice. Especially the shading.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.