Sunday, January 13, 2013

Zendala Dare #40

Erin came up with another great template for the Zendala Dare even though she was not pleased with it. I am not sure if she is aware what she may have unleashed with last week's Dare. I am not sure that I look at the templates quite the same way as before. I do look for other possibilities and not follow the template exactly. I also continued another "don't" from last week in that I experimented with color a little more. I have always been fascinated by some of the color that I have seen. If I used color before, it was usually just using a color micron. One person whose color is usually phenomenal is LeeAnn's at Lee Ann's Zentangle-ing Fun. She has a tutorial on her coloring technique. I read it and decided to try something different. To see her tutorial and the vibrant Zendala that she did, click on the highlighted blog name above. What I did in no way compares with what she is able to do but it was an interesting endeavor for me. Not sure how much I will use in the future, but is definitely something that I want to work more on.

I was pleased with the result. Here it is. I hope you enjoy it.




Tangles used: Auraknot, Knightsbridge, Finery, Kisses

If you have not all ready done so would encourage you to go to The Bright Owl and look at the other great Zendalas that others have done. The variety and presentations are awesome.

As always, thanks for visiting and I hope it was enjoyable. Comments are always welcome, encouraged and appreciated.

17 comments:

  1. A nice 3-dimentional look to this one, it almost jumps off the page. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. That was not my original intent when I was doing the coloring but it developed and I just went with it.

      Delete
  2. You did a great job with this zendala. Colours are very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your selection of tangles. Auraknot is perfect in the center! You've done a beautiful job tangling, interpreting the challenge, and playing with color. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am going to have to watch out as I think that Auraknot in a section like this can almost become as automatic of putting paradox in a triangle

      Delete
  4. Wow, you did a great color job on this one. I do like your choice of tangle patterns in combination with the colors. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Still have a lot of work to do on the technique that I was using. I think I need to try it on some different paper and see what difference it makes.

      Delete
  5. I love it! The colors and tangles work so well together, plus it's bright and cheery! Thanks Donald!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna. It was a stretch for me as I tend to be more of a traditionalist when it comes to zentangle®. I will probably play with it a little more. Glad to see you back into things after you absence over the holidays.

      Delete
  6. Wow! Your Zendala is sooooo cool! Love the addition of color and how you did it. Great piece!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Have a ways to go before my color looks like the ones that you do. I appreciate the encouraging words though.

      Delete
  7. This is really pretty--the colors are wonderful and a great choice of tangles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Finery was an easy one to choose. It just the space just seemed a natural for it. There a couple of options for where I used Kisses. Before I started there were some leaves that I was thinking of using, but there was not enough room.

      Delete
  8. Beautifully done with a great choice of tangles. Your shading and color gives it such life!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool! The finery has almost an architectural feel, which is really interesting. Lots of great contrast, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.