Sunday, January 27, 2013

Zendala Dare #42

This was an interesting endeavor for me. I really liked this template and I enjoyed doing it. The tangles seemed to flow very easily. Usually when this occurs I also like the result. This time I am not sure about it. I do not dislike it but.... Maybe I have been doing color too much lately and I did return to an earlier form in leaving little white space. It is growing on me. It also could be the shading. That is always a challenge. It is nice getting these done earlier though.

Well for what it is worth, here it is.




Tangles used. Phicops, Paradox, Mooka, and Tipple.

If you have not all ready done so, go to The Bright Owl and look at the other pieces posted. If it is early in the week, go back often as there are new postings throughout the week and you do not want to miss any of the great pieces that are posted.

This may be my last one for a while. Is a busy time of year for a lot of reasons, the biggest needing to go through things get taxes done. If I am lucky I will be able to squeeze in a little time.

Thanks for visiting. As always, comments are appreciated, welcomed and encouraged.

21 comments:

  1. Hi. I think it is quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. As I said I do not dislike it and I am liking it the more that I look at it.

      Delete
  2. Don't be so hard on yourself, I like this one a lot.
    Hope things will not get TO busy for you, so hope to see you soon again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying not to and as I said it is growing on me. Will have to make a decision about whether I do this of the Diva Challenge. Will not have time for both, but will not stop entirely because it is part of my relaxation.

      Delete
  3. It's wonderful Donald - a lovely tile, great Mooka (its one I avoid) your Phicops is scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your encouragement. I like Phicops and it is becoming one of my favorite tangles.

      Delete
  4. Very beautiful, Donald. How big is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did it on a standard Zendala tile. So that would be the size of the smaller circle template.

      Delete
  5. Donald it is a real beauty! Next time a other background (floor)makes it perfect! I always say to students when your not statisfied you are in progress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Donald! That's gorgeous. Your work just keeps getting better and better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann, I appreciate your encouragement. I know from other things that I can be my biggest critic. It is growing on me.

      Delete
  7. I think its realy beautyfull.
    but I now the feeling ... if your not happy with it actually nobody can convince you of t opposite.
    dont get to busy you need zentangle to relax :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Some of them just take some time to grow to like and I think this is one of them. I will not give up entirely because tangling is a part of my relaxation. I just will not be able to do both this and the Diva Challenge. I gave that up before due to time.

      Delete
  8. I think this is a beautiful zendala! It has a very soft, lacey feel. Even though there is a lot of detail, it doesn't look busy, just rich. And there's enough light/dark contrast to really make the mooka and phicops stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's very nice. I like the long Phicops--it has such a different feel. Wow, look at all of those tiny little Paradoxes.

    I know how you feel. I have pieces that I love and pieces that I feel "meh" about. That's perfectly ok. I think you're brave for sticking with it and for posting your Zendala anyway. It's all part of the process, and we learn something each time, right?

    If the challenges are feeling more like work than fun and relaxing, it may be a time to give yourself a break. Just make sure to keep doing what you love!

    Aren't we our worst critics?

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's lovely Donald - great combination of tangles, and I love the way mooka hugs then crowns your phicops.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your balance of light and dark.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done, Donald--this has a nice organic flow to it and I really like your Phicops. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Donald you have a fabulous sense of beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you. I am humbled by your compliment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.